This has got to be my favorite recipe this summer. One thing we can say for sure, this is the summer of change. Welcome to my first blog for my new website!
I have been in most of the spring and summer, partly thanks to Covid -19 ( or Rona as we call her) and partly to recuperate from major surgery. I have had wonderful meals sent to me, cooked for me. But nothing felt as good as getting back in the kitchen.
Its summer. You want something light . Maryland crab cakes come to mind. But I don't eat crab. And I do love salmon . It takes a little prep time. I have to do things in small increments anyway, so this worked out perfectly.
I chop my veg ahead of time. Take a nap, and on to the next thing.. Baby steps. You get the picture....
Here's my salmon version . Take your time. Chop more veg , or use less. You know what I say. Recipes are just guidelines. Oh and I rarely have serving sizes., this recipe can easily feed three to four people .
These are so good you might eat the whole batch yourself.
You do YOU...
3-4 good sized skinless wild caught salmon fillets
1&1/2 cups Soy free Veganaise
1 cup and a bit of gluten free breadcrumbs.
1 cup red pepper diced
1 cup celery diced
1 cup yellow or red onion diced.
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley.
sea salt and veggie pepper to taste.
Coconut spray and parchment paper
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- I steam my salmon in a covered saute pan with a bit of water. You can also use white wine, for a bout 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Chop the veg and place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Once the salmon is cooled down, pulse it in small batches so it chops up, and add to the bowl of veggies.
- Add in the Vegannaise, the breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper. The idea is to make it malleable, where you can form a ball. Add more or less. veg . Its up to you, see how it feels ! To make those beautiful cakes I used a scoop. I just spray the scoop with coconut oil and bring the mix to the side of the bowl. makes a pretty damn near perfect cake every time.
- Bake 20 minutes or until it turns a golden brown, remove from the oven, cool and dress these babies with fresh lemon.